January 05, 2015

Guest Designing at STAMPlorations - Sketch #25

Hi!  I'm guest designing over at STAMPlorations again!  This time it's for their sketch challenge #25. It is such an awesome sketch too!  Take a look...


So many possibilities!  I didn't change much as I really liked the sketch as it was.  I was able to use a new stamp set that Shery, owner/designer of STAMPlorations sent to me as a gift, for this card.  It's the new set called Trendy Butterflies.  Love this set!  Here's my card...





First I took my white card base and masked the edges.  I sprayed my heirloom gold perfect pearls mist and then removed the mask once it dried.  I trimmed a piece of gold glitter tape (it was too wide for my taste) and adhered it to the card.  I stamped my sentiment (from same STAMPlorations set) in black StazOn ink (I find that it works better overtop the perfect pearls mist).  I stamped my butterflies on white cardstock in broken china distress ink, SSS sea glass ink, and SU! bermuda bay ink, then fussy cut them out.  I attached them to the card with some foam dots.  This really is a lovely set.

I hope you'll join us for this challenge.  There's usually some kind of prize up for grabs and the DT's cards are sure to inspire you!

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

STAMPlorations - January challenge, "stamps and ink".
STAMPlorations - their ongoing "anything goes" challenge.
AAA Cards - use a little gold.
Darnell's NBUS Challenge - "anything goes".  The trendy butterflies set was brand new and never used!


Enjoy your week and thank you so much for visiting me today!

16 comments:

  1. Kim this is a gorgeous CAS design. Loving the butterflies.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! Lovely splattered card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, to have you back, Kim! Fabulous card, as usual! Loving the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore your card, Kim! I love the masked edges, such a beautiful CAS take of the sketch. Your misting gives artsy vibes to the card. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful ! Love the gold glitter stripe :) So glad to have u as our Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty how you interpreted the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 'grunge' look to this Kim, very contemporary, great take on that sketch! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Kim. Love the sprayed splatters and your colour combination. Great to have you as our guest designer for this sketch challenge, you rocked it. Have a lovely day! Monika x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your background splatters of perfect pearls and I always love butterflies on a card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My bad I missed you linked this up to AAA - love the gold strip - Thanks for joining in at AAA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness, Kim! I am in love with this card! The gold splatters and glitter tape are beautiful and I love how those butterflies appear to float!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wonderful to have you back, Kim. I love the touch of gold on this lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Swooning over your stunning butterfly card, Kim! Happy sighhhh...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all, Kim, you know I love an "Enjoy today" sediment!! I also love that you linked this gorgeous butterfly card to my NBUS Challenge #3! Having them fly in a golden mist is such a delight and I love the solid band of glittery gold, too!! Congratulations on guest designing and thank you for the inspiration for that great sketch!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always work wonders with STAMPlorations stamps, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw ​your card linked at the NBUS challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Awesome card! I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!